Monday, April 18, 2016

AGM 2016

An evening where I was soon to regret not going to the last committee meeting before the AGM, I missed being asked if I was o/k to continue in post, not a problem by the way. The main thing was not being aware that there was a competition for the shortest and longest report. I had noticed that Lin's was not as long as usual and thought that was because the finances were in good order and that there was no need to increase subs.
I did become a bit suspicious after Alf's (one breath two sentences) Well done Alf, you must be this years winner.

As for the longest, I would have put my money on Sylvia, after all she has fifty weeks to report on, I did not expect the rank outsider Andy with his outings to win by a country mile. (that's our next outing by the way).

We now have a new vice chairman. who is quite keen to attend his first committee meeting, more to do with Dick's Ginger cake I suspect, without Mandy having a go at him about how many calories he is consuming.

We will be experimenting with the scoring for the monthly prints this year by announcing the points after the comments. My thanks to Sarah for pointing out the difficulties with this, I was trying to think how it could be done without getting into the scenario of the Two Ronnies mastermind sketch where Ronnie Corbett answered the question before last. Hopefully with Mandy's help we will be able to sort it out.

Thanks also to Sarah for the picture below of some of the winners of the various trophies during the year. Those missing sent their apologies, (well actually they didn't).

Looking at the photo they are a decidedly dodgy bunch of queezers, looking more like they are eyeing up the trophies to steal, are these the real Hatton Garden robbers, that would explain the link to the diamonds on the programme, so is Sylvia the mysterious Basil?



About the right age for the Hatton Garden Mob

2 comments:

  1. Great review Andy and very well observed..........I could have gone on a lot longer, but it was time for tea !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut off in your prime. Just as I thought I had found a cure for my insomnia

    ReplyDelete